Saturday, April 25, 2009

Nicki Minaj Interview With Honey Magazine



Confidence, Sex Appeal, Lyrical Strength .. Just A Few Words To Describe This Mistress. Shes Done A Exclusive Interview With Honey Magazine Speaking Out On Her Look, Other Female Artist (Lady Gaga, Keri Hilson and More!), And Her Experience On The I Am MusicTour. Check On It ...

Honey: So how would you describe your look now?
One of the big pictures we did was Wonder Woman. I do feel like I'm a hip-hop heroine, like I'm straight out of a comic book. We’re going do things that show Nicki Minaj is here to save the day. I can't really say that I'm only going to run with one look because my whole image is about being every girl. I'm a Harajuku Barbie. I'm a ninja and I'm a boss. They are all so different but they're still all Nicki Minaj. I just know that we won't go overtly sexy anymore.

Honey: How is your working relationship with Young Money considering that you're such a free-spirited and seemingly headstrong female?
I've always had a great relationship with them. I think Wayne knows that I am the type of person who wants to bring something to the table. I want to know what can I do for Lil Wayne. What can I bring to the Young Money movement that's not being done right now? I'm trying to get out there and make that happen. I think that's it's important that females stand up this year. I'm trying to focus on Nicki Minaj, so that I can be an asset rather than a liability.

Honey: Are there other females that you look to right now that are also a part of this movement of fearless female entertainers?
Lady Gaga caught my attention. She reminds me of myself. She looks like she doesn't care what you have to say. Keri Hilson is a part of that movement. As far as people underground like myself, I don't see anybody.

Honey: You just ended the I Am Music tour with Lil Wayne. How was that experience?
It was a learning experience for me. It ignited a fire in me that just made me want to work. I wanted to create music because I saw that as the only thing separating me from these other big artists. It gave crazy motivation like I've never had before.

Honey: How do you feel about having another female, Shanell aka SNL from "Prom Queen," on the Young Money roster that's just as talented as yourself?
I think that it's dope. It's not a traditional team, where there's one girl and all the pressure is on that girl. We are both songwriters. It's a good look for females in general to show that we can write, we can create, we're smart, we're go-getters, we're stars in our own right.

You Can The Rest Of This Interview On HoneyMag.com

No comments: